Friday, October 13, 2006

Instant Podcasts!

Listen to a podcast of this post, thanks to Talkr

OK, I discovered that Will Richardson's blog now has instant podcasts for every post. I am trying to figure out how to embed them within each of my posts automatically. I have figured out how to do it manually, but I don't want to have to do that every time.

Ehh, what the heck. It's not too hard to do it manually. I'll just do it that way, because I've spent way too long trying to figure out how to do it the "easy" way.

You can now RSS this blog to your podcast aggregator, such as iTunes, if you so desire. Just click on the Talkr "chiclet" in the left column. Awesome, huh?!?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, this is great stuff. I hope you can show us all how to do it in class...

How did the geocaching movie expedition go?

K

P.S. Do respond to Will's post on the course blog--send him this blog from you.

Mr. Johnston said...

Dave- I agree with K... can you show us? Or just me.

c

Dave E. said...

Well, as you can see from this post (where the podcast doesn't work), I don't quite have it down. And my Talkr RSS feed over there in the left column doesn't seem to be updating. I can plug the application in class, though, and see if someone else might be able to figure it out?

I took a lot of tape at the geocaching event on Saturday, and I hope to get into the lab tomorrow afternoon to get it uploaded and take my first look at it. It was pretty loud in the pavilion when I was interviewing people; I hope the sound quality is decent.

Anonymous said...

Hope you can troubleshoot these glitches Dave! Great stuff for all of us to learn from. Glad you got some good footage on the hunt. Did you find treasure?

Dave E. said...

I found some boxes with some stuff in each of them, yes.

Anonymous said...

Some stuff? What are the "prizes?" K

Dave E. said...

The prizes, more often than not, are not much to speak of. The only thing I even took on Saturday (out of the nine caches I found) was a custom-made Geocaching button, which I gave to Carrie. It's much more about the hunt than it is about the swag.

Anonymous said...

The swag hey? A little TOM JONES here...maybe some Dickens as well....