Tuesday, October 31, 2006

iMovie Reflection

Well, I'm going to try to carve out ten minutes to make a post here. I really need to be working on the unit plan thingy (I can't say what it really is called, because I have yet to look at it) which is due in that other Tuesday night class, but I need to say something about my iMovie.

It's done.

Yes, I just put the finishing touches on it and it is officially complete. It is also officially 17 minutes, 40 seconds in length. In addition, it is also officially a complete snooze-fest.

As Sarah said in her comment to Matt's post regarding his completed project, I am also stuck in the "report mentality" of open-ended projects. I am so trained to believe I need to do something "scholarly" that, even when I'm given carte blanche to do whatever I want, I still make a documentary that is sure to cure the insomnia of any classmate who views it. Such is a side effect of growing up in the types of learning environments I have, I suppose.

That being said, I need to work on that other snooze-fest I mentioned in the opening paragraph. Ahh, unit planning. I'll leave you with the links to Matt's and James' movies, which are both simply hysterical. I'm partial to James' in particular -- if you see only one film this year which features me playing two roles, make it this one!

Chaucer: Undead in the 'Burbs (Matt Fuentes)
We Could Use More Dave (James Beach)

(Oh, by the way, I'm also terrible with titles. You'd think someone with a professional writing degree would have some idea how to put a catchy title on something. That is clearly not the case with this particular fellow, though. My title? Geocaching: Hide and Seek with a Technology Twist. It's just as boring as the footage itself!)

2 comments:

Steven said...

...We Could Use More Dave... is hilarious. Check out my attempt at humor ...My Comix

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, you're right. That's a terrible title. I know the movie is sure to be wonderful though. Are you sure you don't want to call it "Geocaching: the Unit Plan"

See you tomorrow in 229 around noon.