Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"Yeah, I'll Get My Grandma to UPS Me Her Typewriter."

The quotation used for the title of this post was the utterance made by one of my clever classmates (she knows who she is) after this exchange occurred in a class earlier tonight:

Fellow student: "Do you want us to type up our answers [to the homework handout]?"
Professor: "Well, you could type them on there if you want, but you could also just write neatly."

Honestly. I am not kidding. The professor thought he was asking whether she wanted us to type our answers directly on the worksheet. With a typewriter. The asker of the question and I looked at each other in utter disbelief, until the title statement was made by another member of the class. L-O-L to the max!

Later in the class, I heard this said by another class member: "It isn't fair that we have to come here after 506. It's like actual time travel." I'm glad I'm not the only one who feel that way, and totally gets it!

It should go without saying that this is the same class as was mentioned in last week's Names have been changed... post. *sigh*

2 comments:

Alex Reid said...

As has been said before, the future is here; it just isn't equally distributed. Your anecdote indicates you can walk down the hall and find yourself time travelling to 80s.

How far do you have to journey, do you think, to find the 1950s? Would you have to leave the county?

Jennifer Taft said...

HAHA :)

I don't think anything else needs to be said, other than maybe I should not say anything in that class anymore.